Monday, November 22, 2010

As quickly as good things come along...

They go just as fast.

I'm now zero for two.  I have the world's worst batting average when it comes to men.

As it is Monday, it's my day for 102 and well, it was a short day, just a current events quiz (which I knew none of the answers to...Prof H., dude, you write some obscure questions man...).

After the quiz Prof. H. let us out of class early and wished us all Happy Thanksgiving.  Yay, a day out of class early, I'm all for that.

Well, on the way home, since I hadn't heard from Taz in a few days, I figured "Hey, why not, let's drive over to his house, maybe I'll catch him outside painting, I'll stay for just a minute, long enough to grace me with a smile then come home."

Yeah, I caught him alright.

I knew driving over there was a bad idea.  Something about it just didn't bode well, but I did it anyway, dismissing the all too familiar feeling that I was getting the short end of the stick.  You know, I should just stick with my gut instincts, they've never let me down once.

As I drove up to the house, I looked and saw that his garage door was open and the tail lights to his fancy little sports car were on.  I thought, "Hey!  Great timing!"  No, not so great timing.

Taz hopped out of the car, amazingly agile for someone who supposedly has a banged up knee, and waved at me as I sat in my car on the street. I looked at him and said, "Hi!  I just thought I'd stop by for a sec so you could grace me with a smile and I'll be on my way."

A feminine voice asked Taz, "Who's that?"  He then looked at me and said, "I'm busy."

Then with a very pained look on his face, he turned away, answering the woman in the car, "That was Sheri," then he pushed the button to close his garage door.

I knew it wasn't a great idea to go over there...but now I also know why there was a reason I did.  At least I know why the phone hasn't rang in the last week.

The funny thing is, I'm not even crying.  I'm just numb right now.  I'm not surprised, but at the same time, I can feel the tears stinging in the back of my eyes wanting to come out, but they're just going, "Nope."

As I sped away from Taz's in shock, I called Chance.  He's my backstop in times like this and he only said one thing...

"At least you won't be sitting next to a hospital bed when we're all leveling in Cataclysm."

Yep.  Chance has it right, there's always a bright side.

So, as the garage door closed, so did the chapter on Taz and my adventures in dating for the time being.  Much less to say, I deleted his number out of my phone, and if he dares to call, I'm just not answering.   It would take a really big show of something for me to even look in his direction again and he'd have to work his ass off seriously to even begin to see an ounce of clemency.  I'll give him one point though, at least he didn't get too involved with me again.  I just wish he would have been more up front with what he was doing.

Zero for two!  Damn!

Just when I thought things were finally headed in the right direction...BOOM.  Another pothole.  Now I really do feel like he's Mr. Big from Sex and the City.  He's just that one guy who things just can't quite seem to work out with.

So, if you'll excuse me, I've got the spring semester to plan for, a test in Environmental Studies to take and somehow I've got to find a way to dry off after ANOTHER scorching hot cup of coffee has been dumped in my lap.  It hurts, but it's nothing I can't recover from.

1 comment: