Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Nightsong

It's been a long night.  First to my local Best Buy to pick up my Collectors Edition of Cataclysm, then it was home to install it and then get in and check on my guildies.

You have to understand one thing when it comes to the relationship between me and the 60-someodd people in my guild.  I adore all of them.  They're great people and since I've spent the last three months prepping them for this day, I was like a mother seeing her kids off on their first day at school.  I wanted to be in there with them for their first moments, showing them instance entrances, where trainers were and share the wonders that I spent three months testing and taking notes so their first moments of this expansion would be not only fantastic, but unforgettable.

I've run two instances, quested to the point that I got my seahorse, but the rest of my time was spent answering questions, fighting for quest mobs to kill and towing guildies to the vortex that leads to the Abyssal Maw.

Since Cataclysm launched at midnight, I've had a wonderful time hearing the gasps, the laughs and more prevalent, the yawns, with sheer joy in their voices as they tackled new challenges and saw new and wondrous things late this evening and into the wee hours.  I can't express the sheer joy I got just from being there with them as they saw it for the first time.  While they may have made level 81 far before I have, it's absolutely worth it to see them enjoying themselves so much.  It made all of the days I posted tips, videos and put in so much work to get them ready so very worth it.

So, as my eyes fight me to stay open, I'll leave you with the song of the day, from the Cataclysm Soundtrack, the Night Elf Ballad, "Nightsong."

For all of my readers in KVN, with a sniffle and a proud tear of joy in my eye, I love each and every one of you very much, I'm proud of you and most of all...

Welcome to Cataclysm.

No comments:

Post a Comment