Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Laughing...

There are some moments in life that are just summed up by a good hearty laugh.

Today, I got a huge laugh out of some license plate holders while I was driving around town.

The first, which arguably, even as an atheist, everyone can pretty much go the fact that Jesus Christ, whether he's a fictional character, an actual human being that walked the earth or whathaveyou, he probably goes down as one of the first famous motivational speakers...which led me to laugh at the license plate holder that read:

"Give Jesus a chance, he died for the opportunity."

The second was more personal...

Now as we know, the ex's girlfriend has a name here on the Sophomore, and trust me when I say I'm not stretching the truth by a long shot, I call her "The Bassett Hound Faced Bitch".   Wouldn't you know it, not but two seconds AFTER the Jesus license plate holder went by, I got rudely pulled in front of by a car who's license plate holder read:

"The Bassettmobile."

I shit you not.

At that point I doubled over in laughter.  I sat there driving, hollering "ABS!" because as I was laughing, the pain in my abs was amplified by the soreness from yoga yesterday.  Tears started streaming down my cheeks as I sat there laughing so hard.  To tell you the truth, I'm still laughing.  Not only does the Bassett Hound Faced Bitch steal my husband, but she sent her minions to cut me off driving down the street.  As I watched the Bassettmobile go by I realized it was just too funny to get ticked about.  Then I had the worst thought on the planet, to buy one of those license plate surrounds and send it to my ex.

As Bill Engvall says, "Here's your sign."

I might just be punchy...who knows, but to me that was just friggin' hysterical.

No comments:

Post a Comment