Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Boys.

I was doing some cleaning around the apartment with my television going and I realized I haven't had a post in a long time about cute guys.

You know, I'm a girl.  Well, girl is relative...I'm approaching 40 and well...'girl' doesn't seem quite accurate chronologically, but it suits my mind set.  I'm still 21 in my head.  And like Prince said, "It ain't about the body, it's about the mind..."  Yep, I'm still youthful in mind and heart, which I think will keep me young for a long time even though my body may disagree.

So, let's talk about boys.  Why not?  Just because I've taken a bite out of quite a few rotten apples does not necessarily mean that every single apple tree out there does nothing but produce bad apples.  No, I have sneaking suspicion that just as there are good apples out there, there are some good guys out there too.  I just have yet to find the perfect apple for me.  Sometimes I wish you could go to the "man market" go and look at all the different types and varieties then choose one that's just right for me.  It would be just like shopping for apples, produce or that perfect pair of shoes.  It would make things much simpler than having to worry about meeting someone and dating.

Dating.  Now that's a scary word.  I'm caught in a world that is filled with some self-doubt about my appearance and then there is the whole side of me that says, "Been there, done that, got the t-shirt", so why go through the trouble all over again?

There's the problem.  It's not that I want to go through all the trouble again, it's that boys, for the most part, are pretty to look at.  Some of them, albeit few, have some sort of nutritional value, whether it is in spirit, heart, or some other neat quirk.  But, most of all, I just like to look at them.  Whether they look at me, well, that's a different story altogether, but over all, it's fun to just look.

So, here's my top 5 list of cuties and why I (and a lot of other girls) think they are cute.


5.  Matthew Fox.

 
Ok, the name says it all.  Fox.  Now, here's what's cute.  His nose isn't perfect.  You know how there are just some actors who are just too perfect?  That their appearance is just too plastic or whatever?  Well, this guy, and I did catch a glimpse the other day watching that (whatever your opinion on it) Speed Racer, and there's this great profile and crooked teeth.  It just made him seem real to me. And for the first time the other day, I watched Lost.  He was just so damn cute.  And Heroic.   So, there's #5, Matthew Fox.

4.  Sam Worthington.


Ok, yes, I saw Avatar.  What virtual worlds junkie did NOT cry when his character's essence got transferred into his avatar's body?  I wept like a little girl.  But, let's talk cute points.  Ok, this one, he has perfect teeth, but the cutest part about him to me?  He used to live in his car.  I know what that feels like, so he gets cute points for perseverance.  But, he's also serious eye candy and I have to laugh when I watch his films where he has to do an American accent (remember girls, this is a hottie from Down Under), he always seems to goof and you can hear that Aussie accent come out.  (It's a "Other" thing...we always think things that are different are sexy or exotic.)  So, even though he's young...5 years younger than me...he still makes the list, although I would never go out with him for fear of the C-Word...cougar.  So, there ya go, #4 on the list, Sam Worthington.

3. Robert Downey Jr.



Alright, alright, this one is so cliché, but he still makes the list, but not for reasons you would think.  Ok, ever since he was a young kid, (I first saw him in Weird Science...remember that from the 80's?) I thought he was cute.  Then came drugs.  OY.  Do I know about that!  And I know what they can do to you and make you do.  His rehabilitation from druggie into America's Sweetheart status wasn't an easy road, and I can promise you that it's not from first-hand experience in doing the same thing.   It's not easy to resurrect yourself from the ashes, so that's Robert's cute point right there.  Next reason is that he actually recorded one of my favorite songs, a cover of "Your Move" by Yes.  His voice is so sweet!  But, Tony Stark aside, Robert Downey Jr.  has made the cut as #3...and he's even close to me in age which is the best part of all...he reminds me that there are cute guys out there my age who are doing things right.

2.  Ewan McGregor



Here we go with my #2 selection.  From looking drugged out in Trainspotting all the way up to playing Obi Wan Kenobi and so forth...nothing can get me to sit in a theater seat quicker than Ewan McGregor.  Ok, I'll be the bad girl for a moment and say I hated Moulin Rouge.  I did, I hated that movie as a whole and a part of the reason is that I don't like Nicole Kidman.  She's a great actress, but I'm just not overly a fan of hers.  What I will sit through that movie for is to hear Ewan sing.  OY!  He sing to me any day.  It's the smile, and it's how his EYES smile is what gets me.  I resonate with him because my eyes do the same thing, they do my talking for me.  So, there's #2 Ewan McGregor.

and, let's have a drumroll for the most obvious #1 of all time...

#1 Hugh Jackman


Ok, just because I like guys with long hair, let's have another shot with him with long hair...



It's ok, laugh with me.  I'm trying to be funny and have a bit of laughter and positivity in my day.  Nothing makes me giggle like cute boys.  Jackman, well, he's just so yummy on so many different levels, he sings, he dances, he's Wolverine...his list is too long to go into of the why's and how's he cute.  A visual nom-fest.  So, there's my #1 hottie that I would never kick out of my bed for eating crackers.  But props to his wife, she's one lucky girl and for that reason alone I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole.

For that matter, the married hotties on my list would never be on my menu except to look at because simply, their girls deserve lots of respect for hanging on to these lucious, eye-candy, genetically gifted guys.

Sigh.  I wish something of the caliber of my list would knock on my door.  It'd be nice to go out on a date with a hottie.  It would do wonders for my self esteem.

But, I know lots of cute guys...and they all happen to be some of my best friends who are married to very wonderful women, and I would probably break those gal's faces if they ever hurt my slew of cute brothers.

Anyhow, it's fun to muse, it's fun to dream, but I'll go back to cleaning house, getting good grades and realizing, boys aren't the end-all, be-all, but they sure are fun to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment